This is a service I’ve found myself doing quite a lot recently. Even though I am a qualified plumber in Edinburgh, I see this type of service needing to be done everywhere and what a difference it makes, as you can see from the before and after photos. The build up of mould and lime scale on tile grout and silicone sealant can make your bathroom look old before its days and can give off a nasty odour not to mention is the leading cause for leaks around shower trays and showers over baths.
The service I offer is to cut and scrape out all the old mouldy silicone – (as new silicone wont stick to old stuff), masking tape off the area and add a new, shiny, white, tidy bead of anti mould silicone around your shower, bath, bathroom/kitchen worktop. Anywhere, any colour.
With regards to the grouting renewal service , I use a multi cutter equipped with grout blade to cut out all the effected grout. Wipe down and re grout with new grout and then to ensure a lasting effect, finish of with a spray sealer to stop any more water from penetrating your grout.
Yes it is simple work when you know how but the amount of bathrooms i see this in is amazing. For a little money the grout and silicone renewal can completely change the appearance and odour of your bathroom.
Typical Prices listed Below:
- Silicone renewal on standard 1.7 m bath – £75
- Silicone renewal on shower tray including up the sides of enclosure – £85
- Shower silicone and grout renewal service for £225 (max 900×900)
- For both walls around a standard 1.7m bath – £225
- All tile and grout repairs *
- Full re-grouts
- External tiling
- For larger areas please call 07877 486 939 for a quote
- All prices include materials
- Note: Cannot re-grout mosaic tiles or replace a dark grout with a lighter colour.
I would love to hear from letting agencies and landlords that own a number of property’s where we could come to an agreement on lower than normal prices for a larger amount of bathrooms.